Largest Pension Market in Latin America
Foreign investment capabilities
JW Marriott - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil - May 12, 2014
The Pension Fund Brazil Forum was designed in collaboration with leading Brazilian pension fund decision makers to support the Brazilian pension funds who are confronted with falling local interest rates, the threat of inflation at home and rapidly increasing liabilities tied to an increasingly robust but aging middle class. The Pension Fund Brazil Forum provides a crucial opportunity for Brazilian pension funds, asset managers and industry experts to work together toward solutions in Brazilian pension fund portfolio construction, Brazilian pension fund asset allocation and investment strategy, as well as develop innovative strategies for liability and lifecycle modeling for Brazilian pension funds.
On May 12, more than 100 Brazilian pension CIOs, CEOs, portfolio managers, administrators and economists will meet with alternative and traditional asset management leaders, industry associations, global fund managers and key economic experts to discuss, debate and strategize a new asset allocation model for Brazilian pension funds, address key questions on Brazilian pension fund regulation, governance, talent retention and long-term investment strategy.
Brazil's Pensions Are Hungry For International Investments
Fresh Diversification Across Asset Classes:
- • International Equities: developing versus developed market exposure
- • International Fixed Income
- • Private Equity: venture & growth, LBOs and distressed
- • Real Estate & Infrastructure
- • Liquid Alternatives: long short, CTA, value, global macro, multi-strat
- • Structured Products
- • Natural Resources: Timberland, Agribusiness, Energy, Metals & Minerals
- • ETFs, ETNs and other exchange traded products
Developing Strategies for Pension Asset Growth:
- • Modeling & Predicting Liabilities & Sponsor life cycles
- • Revising current models of asset allocation
- • Current regulation and pending legislation: reinventing the rules of investing
Fundraising Tutotials for Global Asset Managers:
- • Compliance & operational steps in raising pension fund capital
- • The stucture of investment decision making in a Brazilian pension fund
- • Demystifying local appetite for your product
- • Leveraging consultant relationships
- • Exploring and establishing local institutional partnerships
Latin Markets is the world’s leading provider of Latin America focused investment forums, regional summits, and streamlined market intelligence. Our platform provides a comprehensive and fascinating perspective of the opportunities in this diverse and booming region.
HSBC Fundo de Pensao
Carlos Frederico Aires Duque
Flavio Pacheco Moreira
Head of Asset-Liability Management
Francisco Reis, Jr.
Senior Pension Manager
Icatu Pension Fund